Sunday 30 August 2015

Night lords tactical squad tester WIP

Hello everyone! 
So today I am trialong a new method of painting night lords.
I've painted these silver, wth a silver highlight via the airbrush then hit them with a Tamiya clear blue/red mix.
Going forward I will probably add a touch more red to the mix to get a little more of a violet hue.
Then I washed them all with a purple/blue and black wash.

I realise I should have painted a few silver highlights prior to the wash stage as that would have given my highlights the required hue.
But that's called learning!

Next up detailing! 


2 comments:

  1. Sometimes the highlights prior to wash are helpful, but I also find the wash makes everything very matte, so having a final edge highlight of metallic or brighter color post wash usually has some incredible pop. Both work, its just what you are looking for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed, but as its a metallic colour with a glaze, i thought it might be hard to replicate for a highlight.
    i used mixed in some silver with my highlight colour in the end!
    should come out a bit better next time!

    ReplyDelete